AVA Support Groups
Belonging to an AVA support group gives a friendly environment to interact with others.
Support groups help you reduce isolation, gain empowerment and recapture hope.
The diagnosis of an asbestos related disease can be devastating. At first you may feel unable to cope, have a sense of disbelief, or fear that you are suffering alone.
You are not alone. We care.
AVA support groups are for victims, carers, families and friends.
Joining a support group can give you:
• A sense of belonging – a sense of community.
• Information about looking after yourself.
• Knowledge that you are not alone.
• Non-judgemental acceptance.
• Empathy and understanding.
• A sense of being cared for.
• A safe environment to express feelings and fears without needing to protect others.
• Knowledge that asbestos related diseases are not a taboo subject.
Whyalla support group
87 Essington Lewis Avenue, Whyalla. SA
John Arthur - Phone contacts:
Office – (08) 8645 0555
After Hours – (08) 8645 3322
Mobile - 0416 482 673
Port Augusta Support Group
Monthly meetings, held at Port Augusta Bowling Club,
Cnr. Marryatt & Jervois Streets,
Port Augusta. SA
Geoff Maul – Phone contacts:
H: (08) 8642 2884
M: 0419 822 296
Monthly Social Mornings
Second Wednesday of
Location: L3, 60 Waymouth St